Friday, November 6, 2015

11/6/15 - My One Good Thing For Today: BLOGGING!!


This will be my first post in 2 months. I haven't felt like I've had much to say lately, which has resulting in my dropping off of Twitter and the lapse in my blogging. I haven't been writing for a variety of reasons, some personal and some professional, but all of which can be summed up in just a few words.

The beginning of this school year was challenging. I found it difficult to bond with my students. We've had a rash of cheating and stealing and I found myself comparing this year's group with last year's group. This is never a good idea. Each group is unique and should be approached as such.

Several of my long-time colleagues and friends transferred to other sites within a few weeks of the school year starting. At the time I didn't think it would effect me, but now I realize it has.  An essential part of my support network was gone (or at least it felt that way). School wasn't the haven for me it had been for so many years.

You'd think in a time like this, writing would help me cope. You're right, it would have, but I have a tendency to retreat inside myself when things get stressful. My brilliant wife, Janet, reminded me that one of the reasons I began blogging was to reflect, to get out all the thoughts and hopefully find some meaning in the chaos. How ridiculous is it that when things get really chaotic I stop holding onto this life-line?!?!?!?

So, I'm back. So many amazing things have happened recently. I can't wait to blog about them. Not sure if I'm going to blog at the same level I did before, but it feels good to write again.  To get my blogging mojo going, I have a few questions for the blogger out there.
  • Why do you blog? 
  • What keeps you blogging? 
  • Where do you find your inspiration?

No comments:

Post a Comment